Your Ultimate Guide To Finding The Perfect Amazon Catalog Management
Did you know that having an optimized and compelling product catalog can significantly increase your sales and exposure on Amazon? In fact, your product catalog can make or break your standing in the highly competitive eCommerce space.
A product catalog is essentially a database of all the products you sell on Amazon, and it includes information like:
- Product Name
- Selling Price
- Key Features
- Bullet Points
- Direction for use
- Product Description
- Photos and Videos
- Enhanced Brand Content
- Other Information such as dimensions, category, weight, color, and sizes.
The benefits of hiring an Amazon Catalog Management Services
Managing a product catalog on Amazon can be complex and time-consuming, especially for sellers with large or multiple products. Fortunately, Amazon catalog management services can help streamline the process and improve the overall quality of your catalog.
By hiring an Amazon catalog management service, you can leave this process to the experts and instead focus on improving your brand. Here are some of the benefits of hiring an Amazon catalog management service:
- Improved product visibility and listings. There are about 6.3 million active Amazon sellers worldwide, 1.11 million of which are from the US. Being visible in the customer top searches among your competitors is not easy, especially if you are yet to establish your branding. Having an optimized product catalog will substantially improve your product visibility. The formula is to have a well-written product description and data to catch customer attention.
- Increased sales. Concerning the first point, having a well-curated product catalog increases your revenue. People in Amazon catalog management services know very well what the customers want about a particular product and what makes them decide to buy.
- Streamlined inventory management. Having a good look at all your product data, such as their titles, descriptions, SKUs, and categories, makes overseeing inventory easier. Subsequently, with streamlined inventory management, you would know as a seller which of your products are selling or not, which will help you act proactively on your strategies.
- Access to expert knowledge. Hiring a product catalog management service is like hiring your brand consultant or advisor. Having this will help you gain an advantage in the market. You may consult a skilled team of experts who will dedicate their time to optimizing your page and product listings.
What is the Amazon Brand Catalog Manager, and how to access it
In 2021, Amazon launched the Brand Catalog Manager, an advanced tool that helps manage your brand and its products. Unlike product catalog management, Brand Catalog Manager is designed specifically for brand owners. Sellers deemed Brand Registered have the exclusive benefit of using this tool.
To access this, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Amazon Seller Central account
- Navigate to the ‘Brands’ tab
- Select ‘Brand Catalog Manager’
- Setup your product catalog
As a registered and verified brand owner, with the Brand Catalog Manager, you can access information about who is selling and re-selling your products and what the customers think of your brand. This way, you can project any sales opportunities and weaknesses. With this tool, you can see information such as:
- Retail Offer. It shows whether you supply the product to Amazon through a vendor relationship. Knowing this helps you understand the specific arrangement and terms you have with Amazon. This allows you to evaluate which makes the most sense for your business and consider your size, the level of control and involvement you want, and other specific business objectives.
- Brand Offer. It indicates whether you are offering the product via Amazon on Seller Central or through a third-party seller. It provides valuable insights to help you make informed decisions about your brand presence on the platform. This includes pricing strategies, listing optimization, promotional activities, and determining the desired units you want to sell.
- Current Featured Offer. It shows which of your products are offered in the Buy Box feature of Amazon. Knowing which of your products are featured in the Buy Box allows you to assess the visibility and competitiveness of your listings.
- Additional Seller Count. It shows how many sellers have listed your product. It allows you to gauge the level of competition you’re facing and make strategic pricing to differentiate your products.
- Average Customer Rating. It shows your product's average rating. It helps you understand how customers perceive your product and make improvements as necessary.
- Potential Opportunity. It shows the calculated or anticipated sales of the product for a 12-month duration based on past or current performance data. It provides insights into the market demand which helps you identify which product to prioritize to maximize profit.
- Next Steps. This column allows you to add or activate offers. This ensures that all your product listings are updated, thus making it accurate.
How to build and manage the perfect Amazon Product Catalog
While it is not as easy to perfect one, there is still a blueprint for achieving a systematically organized Amazon product catalog. Here are some of the key strategies you should know:
- Optimize your product listings. Setting up your products is the foundation of a good catalog. An optimized product listing should include all the information the customers need to assess in your product, such as a detailed product description, high-quality photos, proper and SEO-backed product titles, and feature notes.
- Effectively manage your inventory. It goes a long way to have an organized product catalog. From categorizing your items, making your products searchable, to proactive inventory tracking, it helps customers find what they need and ensure you don't run out of stock.
- Monitor product performance. Your job as a seller continues beyond just making sales. You are responsible for maintaining your account health by regularly looking at your total sales, customer reviews, and product ranking. This way, you can proactively see what strategies work and do not work.
To fully ensure that you are using effective product catalog management, there are several strategies to do, which will help you provide a positive customer experience and generate sales or revenue.
Sellers should update their catalogs regularly. To ensure that your product catalog is accurate and up-to-date, you should ensure that new products are regularly added and that unavailable or discontinued products are removed. Product names and descriptions should also be updated to maintain their relevance.
Data recorded with little supervision are bound to cause inaccuracies, hence the importance of hiring a product catalog management service. These services will ensure that the product data listed are accurate. Remember to reflect any changes in your product listings to avoid incorrect data.
In hindsight, it is also important to note that optimization is a continuous process. As your business grows, new products will be listed and unlisted, Amazon will implement new policies over time, and new competitors will rise. Maintaining the management and optimization of your Amazon account will help you survive these challenges and threats.
Choosing the right Amazon Catalog Management Service
Hiring the right Amazon catalog management service provider that fits you is as crucial as any other process that improves your brand. As an Amazon seller, you must outsource a team who fully understands your listing requirements.
Their experience in the field should be an essential factor, as well as their expertise. Experience shows their track record containing all the past brands they could work on. And they should align their knowledge depending on which area in catalog management needs the most improvement.
Hiring a service provider does come with a price, but they should be within your budget. Consider their pricing offer and see if it is worth the service that you need.
Lastly, they should not only do all the work and call it a day. As their customer, they should be able to give you feedback and help you improve your skills and knowledge in selling and upkeeping your Amazon account. This level of customer support should be a factor in choosing the right catalog management service provider.
Catalog management is a crucial aspect of your Amazon business. It involves optimizing your product listings to improve your Amazon account performance and generate more sales and revenue.
A well-optimized catalog can benefit your business in many ways, including better product discoverability and a higher customer conversion rate.
Hiring an Amazon catalog management service provider can help you optimize your product listings, manage your inventory, and monitor your business performance. It frees up your time to focus on other important aspects of your business.
By having a team of experts manage your catalog, you can increase productivity, save time, and have the peace of mind that your products are accurately presented on Amazon.
Contact us today to learn more about our Amazon catalog management services and how we can help your business succeed.